The first update to this key reference guide in over 15 years!
This revised edition contains a new format making it even easier to study for the DPR exams. In addition to the review questions found at the end of each chapter, this new edition contains knowledge expectations at the beginning of each chapter. These brief statements describe what you are expected to learn after reading that chapter, allowing you to study more effectively for DPR’s pesticide applicator licensing (QAL/QAC) exams. These knowledge expectations are also highlighted in sidebars throughout each chapter, providing a study roadmap so you know which sections of each chapter are most important.
- Updated pesticides table to reflect products available in California
- Updated information on nematodes, vertebrates, and pathogens
- Expanded information on environmental hazards, expanded information on personal protective equipment including EPA respirator criteria
- Up-to-date information on worker protection standards
- Expanded information on pesticide resistance
- Updated compliance guidelines for pesticide use reporting as required by California law
- A dedicated chapter covering label reading, including an updated label that reflects current regulations
The Safe and Effective Use of Pesticides provides detailed information for selecting, using, handling, storing, and disposing of pesticides. It emphasizes worker protection, prevention of groundwater contamination, protection of endangered species and wildlife, and reduction of environmental problems.
This is a significant update to the 2nd Edition, so everyone will want to update their reference library with this new edition.
The principles described in this volume apply to all areas of pest control, including agricultural, structural, landscape, greenhouse, and public health applications.
Volume 1 in the Pesticide Application Compendium. This is recommended study material for all categories of the California Department of Pesticide Regulation’s (DPR) Qualified Pesticide Applicator License (QAL) and Qualified Pesticide Applicator Certificate (QAC) exams.
A special return policy applies to this item.