This project helps you explore the wide variety of pets available, and will help you learn about the type of pets that fit best into your family.
This sheet outlines activity ideas at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of skill; also gives suggestions on how to tie the activity to STEM, healthy living, citizenship, and leadership goals.
- Identify breeds and species and their characteristics
- Learn about the selection, care, and needs of pets and basic principles of pet behavior
- Care and management in feeding, handling grooming, fitting and showing
- Explore health regulations and first aid
- Learn and practice animal ownership responsibilities
This is a free publication that you can download.
This publication requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. You can download a free copy of the Acrobat Reader from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Some users have experienced problems using Preview® with these documents; we recommend using the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.