Full title: Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs
An Integrated Pest Management Guide, 3rd Edition
Preview in Google Books
Our bestselling comprehensive integrated pest management (IPM) guide for landscapes has been completely revised; with 435 pages of the practical, research-based advice you've come to expect from the University of California.
This easy-to-use manual covers hundreds of insects, mites, nematodes, plant diseases, and weeds that can damage California landscapes.
Inside you'll find:
- 575 high-quality, color photographs to help you recognize the causes of plant damage and identify pests as well as their natural enemies. 140 more photos than the previous edition!
- 101 line drawings and charts of pest biology and control techniques
- Tips on choosing pest-resistant plants and incorporating them into your landscape design
- Detailed how-to's on planting, irrigating, and other cultural practices that keep plants and landscapes healthy
- How to conserve and protect natural enemies that can help you control pests
- How to monitor your landscape so you know when to act
- How to know when pesticide use is warranted and how to make a proper selection for your situation
And of course, the problem-solving tables that help you diagnose the pests and problems of more than 200 genera of alphabetically-listed trees and shrubs. All at a lower price than the 2nd Edition!
Professional landscapers, arborists, home gardeners, retailers, and parks and grounds managers will all want to make room on their bookshelves for this essential pest management guide.
Also in the 3rd Edition are dozens of newly added pests, including those affecting azaleas, camellias, hibiscus, camphor, eucalyptus, liquidambar, oaks, maples, palms, pines, olive, roses, and sycamores.
"Outstanding resource for maintaining healthy, woody ornamental plants through IPM.
" -- International Society of Arboriculture