Through this project you can explore what kind of reptile fits into your families lifestyle an dhow to be an excellent caretaker of your lizards, snakes, turtles, or tortoises.
This sheet outlines activity ideas at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of skill; also gives suggestions on how to tie the activity to STEM, healthy living, citizenship, and leadership goals.
- •Identify different species and their characteristics
- •Learn about the selection, care, and needs of reptiles and the basic principles of their behavior
- •Demonstrate care and management in feeding, handling, grooming, and fitting and showing
- •Explore health regulations, first aid, and simple treatments
- •Learn and practice the responsibilities that come with owning an animal
This is a free publication that you can download.
This publication requires the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. You can download a free copy of the Acrobat Reader from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Some users have experienced problems using Preview® with these documents; we recommend using the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader.