Preview in Google Books
If you oversee a lake, pond, or other aquatic environment—natural or man-made—this guide is for you!
This easy-to-use reference manual and study guide covers diverse aquatic environments including natural marshes, wetlands, and deltas; irrigation canals and levees; ornamental ponds in parks and golf courses; hatcheries and recreational waters; and municipal water supplies and drinking water reservoirs.
Chapters include information on:
• Identifying weeds in the aquatic environment
• Methods of controlling aquatic weeds
• Identifying and controlling other pests in the aquatic environment
• Laws regulating aquatic environments, pesticide use, and protected species
• Reading and understanding pesticide labels
• Mixing and applying pesticides safely
• Selecting and calibrating aquatic herbicide application equipment
• How to recognize and prevent pesticide poisoning
• How to handle pesticide emergencies
Profusely illustrated with 54 illustrations and over 100 photographs, this reference manual also has 8 tables and 31 sidebars that expand on important points and provide calculation formulas. A helpful glossary and thorough index round out this study tool.
This is the recommended study guide for the California Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) exams in the Aquatic Pest Control category. At the end of each chapter you’ll find review questions similar to those found on the DPR examinations.
A special return policy applies to this item.