Preview in Google Books
Our best-selling guide for almonds covers 120 different pest problems including diseases, insects and mites, nematodes, vertebrate pests, and weeds; including 10 new insect pests and diseases including anthracnose, Alternaria leaf blight, rust, tenlined June beetle, and leafhoppers.
New in the second edition you'll find:
- An extensively revised chapter on vertebrate pest management which adds recommendations for control techniques where endangered species occur.
- A revised and expanded chapter on vegetation management including detailed information on cover crops.
- A revised section on navel orangeworm, emphasizing cultural control techniques instead of insecticides.
- A revised section on peach twig borer includes discussions of bloomtime sprays with Bacillus thuringiensis and pheromone mating disruption.
- Revised and updated tables on susceptibility of rootstocks and scion cultivars to major pests and a detailed index.
This indispensable reference is illustrated with 259 photos, including 33 new color photos, along with 69 line drawings and tables.